How to Read a Book for a New Born Baby?
If you remember reading in my previous contents, I had mentioned that you could read books to a new born baby. This way you could teach them new languages, you could educate them from that age. Yes, it is very true and I have seen this through my own eyes and experienced it by my own self. It is also true that even when your baby is not born, you could emotionally engage with them during your pregnancy. When you read a funny book and start laughing, your baby will start kicking and moving and get very excited and happy. Unlike, when you read a sad or emotional story book; your baby start stretching so hard and you right away feel like they do not want you to continue. If you have even experienced being in a funeral (God forbids) and if you experienced crying during that funeral, you right away feel that your baby wants you to just get out of that sad environment and simply change your place. Providing a positive and happy environment has a huge impact on your baby’s mental development and its functions.
Your tone, in which you read a book for your new born baby is extremely important. Mother’s voice has magic! Lower your voice while reading a book for your little angel. Position yourself closer to your baby while reading. Make sure to read it in a very soft and sweet voice so that it calms and comforts your baby mentally and also for the mental growth of your baby as well as bonding you along with your baby, this is a true miracle.
When you are reading for your new born baby angel, make sure those stories are positive, educative and fun for yourself. When you enjoy reading stories, your true feeling could be felt very effectively by your baby through your voice. In this very moment your baby is actually grasping what you are feeding them through reading. Remember! Words are very powerful if translated and transferred properly and effectively. You need to pay attention where to raise your voice a little more. When and which part of the story you sound funny for them, how to read it when you are reading a sentence and how to read it when you are reading a question or a surprising and astonishing sentence. It is through your words that you make your baby the person who he will become one day.
As I said there is magic at your (mother’s) voice and words. You could help your baby in their cognitive development through reading. You are developing a bond with your baby which is everlasting, by being there for your little one every single night at their nighttime stories. We all know that mothers do have a good bond with their children as well as fathers. The bond which could be made through your nighttime stories is actually much more powerful. Doing so, your child will run late from the school but will never ever forget to come and hug & kiss you before leaving home. They would rather miss a favorite sport than to go without you.
How to choose books for your baby in their early ages?
You could continue to read nighttime / bed time stories until your child is at the ages of 3 to 6 months old. Of course, you could do so for as long as you wish to. At that moment you could offer some soft plastic books which are designed not in color but black and white shapes to let your baby play with it. Doing so your baby’s eyesight and its functional development will be very much enhanced and facilitated. As you may know that at the early ages baby’s eyes are unable to see in color but black and white. Therefore, you would offer them something which is useful for them at that age.
Below I would provide you with some examples of baby books for their early ages so that you could visualize.
You could always consider e-books as well but in order to do so I would suggest you play and listen to it by yourself first due to the quality of its sound and articulation which is the most important part of it. When you feel like it is the right tool for your baby, then you could decide to expose your baby to listen to it. I am saying this because nothing can compare with the love and compassion which can be delivered through your (mother’s) voice to your baby.
Once they reach the ages of 9 – 12 months you could offer some color books. Doing so they will be exposed in colors specially red. You may have noticed that baby toys are mostly manufactured in red color. So know that there is a good and very valid reason behind it because after black and white they actually start seeing red color.
By offering the right colors at the right moment of their life, you are actually helping them build proper coordination between their eyes, hands and brain. In doctors term, this is called (eye hand coordination) but in reality brain is very much involved in the eye hand coordination which makes this function successful. Therefore, reading and delivering the quality sound through your words help in developing your baby’s brain. So even before thinking to develop visuals in your baby, you must think of a way to facilitate their brain development which then becomes critically important for their eye hand coordination.
An eye examination through an optometrist could be worth every year for assuring to maintain a healthy eyesight. If you have a pediatrician, you could ask him or her for a reference but if not you could locate one nearby you.
In order to maintain a good and healthy eyesight avoid exposing your baby to digital objects. Do not let them in front of a TV for more than 15 minutes per day in their early ages.
Consider to have as much colorful fruits and vegetables as possible. All the colorful vegetables and fruits are very rich sources of Vitamin A which is best recommended by Optometrists during your child’s early ages. In fact, we must consider serving them during our pregnancy at first and foremost.
Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 12 are very good for the brain development of your baby. They could be found in fish, shrimps and all sorts of sea foods. Dairy products for instance eggs are good sources of Omega vitamins. Omegas are actually very good vitamins for all ages. It helps in concentration, it results in productivity, it calms and relieves the brain and gives a good boost for its better functioning.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting the work I put on this site!”
Please visualize 5 examples of baby books at their different ages!
TUMAMA Baby Toys 0 – 3, 6 – 12 Months, Soft Cloth Books for Babies, My First Soft Books Early Education Toys with Fruit, Numbers, Animals, Shape, Letters, 3 Pack
- BLACK & WHITE DESIGN: Babies are born with blurred vision which gradually increases by 3 months, Black-and-white contrast images can stimulate babies’ vision to train step by step and activate the brain. Note: Only hand washing in normal water, not high temperature water!
- SIMPLE COGNITIVE PATTERNS: Simple cognitive illustration with letters, numbers, geometry shapes, animals, fruits, etc. included in each cloth book, to help newborns to understand the new horizon.
- CUSTOM SIZE & RATTLES SOUNDS FOR BABY: Exclusive size for infants to flip books, and enjoy the rattles sound when pinch and play.
- SAFE MATERIAL FOR BABY BITING Environmentally-friendly materials Bamboo Fiber Fabric, newborn babies can bite them freely with no harm.
- GOOD CHOICE FOR PARENT-CHILD The books can help you to bond with your baby, to read the books together. And the most important thing is that it is really a wonderful way to stimulate key skills like language & reading skills, communication skills, imagination, sensory skills, etc. That would be a great Christmas Gift Idea as Holidays, Birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year, Children’s Day, Easter for baby boys and girls.
Touch and Feel Crinkle Paper Infant Book, Baby Learning Toys / Educational Toys for 3 Months to 4 Years Old.
- READ AND PLAY: Infants and toddlers will love the bright colors specially red color and cute animals in this soft book set. Beautifully designed and illustrated, these toddler toys will hold your baby’s attention and take them for a learning adventure every time.
- KEEP YOUR BABY HAPPY WITH EDUCATIONAL TOYS: Need a few moments to make dinner or just have some time for yourself? Because these baby cloth books are 100% baby friendly, they are a great way to keep your baby occupied while you take care of your household chores.
- LEARN ANIMALS AND COLORS: Each of the nine infant books in this set features a bright color scheme and adorable illustrations. Use them to introduce new topics like colors, animals, and vegetables and develop your child’s mind through reading.
- NON-TOXIC & CHILD SAFE BOOKS FOR BABIES: These newborn toys are designed to provide the highest quality product for your baby. Non-toxic and BPA free, these adorable soft books for babies are a fun and safe toy for your little one!
- MAKE YOUR BABY VERY HAPPY – Teaches your little one how different Animals and numbers by touch with these soft stacked toys to observe the patterns of animals and numbers. And teaches them basic reading and comprehension, shapes, animals. These stacked toy patterns will stimulate baby first year memory.
- ELIMINATES THE NEED TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHILD WHILE “PLAYING” THEM – Because babies put everything into their mouth, the quality of this toy is extremely important. Our cloth toy is totally safe for your baby, non-toxic, strong stitching and washable.
- CAPTURING YOUR CHILD’S ATTENTION JUST GOT A LOT EASIER – Tons of super-fun animals, vibrant images with vivid patterns and colors, packed full of educational activities for children to enjoy. Perfect for infants to toddlers. It gives your child endless hours of fun!
- GIVE YOUR CHILD A FLYING START – Gives you a chance to bond with your baby, a warm moment together. At the same time, it is an educational toy: a wonderful way to stimulate important key skills, like language & reading skills, communication skills, imagination and sensory skills.
- NON-TOXIC, DURABLE MATERIAL: Designed to toddlers! Handcrafted from soft polyester, non-toxic and safe.
- SET OF 6 CLOTH BABY BOOKS: The bright colors and pictures will hold your baby’s attention even longer. Include Alphabets, Fruit Kingdom, Sea Creatures, Food, Farm Animal And Numbers.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR BOYS GIRLS: Packed in a luxury gift box is an awesome gift for birthdays, holidays, Christmas gifts and other special occasions for kids. A lifetime gift for children and life long love for reading.
Linking to a popular feature in the super successful National Geographic Little Kids magazine, this book brings the browsable fun of the bestselling National Geographic Kids Almanac, to a new audience: preschoolers! Using an interactive question-and-answer format and content grounded in a child’s immediate world, the Big Book of Why delivers lively information, hands-on games, simple recipes, crafts, and more. What makes a car go? How does mushy dough become a crispy cookie? What does the doctor see in my throat? An essential parent reference, The Big Book of Why invites children to ask big questions, think big thoughts, and get answers that are accurate, engaging, level-appropriate, and based on sound educational findings. It helps prepare preschoolers for school in an interactive way—the very best way to foster learning at this age, according to research. Highly photographic and playful, this big book is an adventure in exploration.
Above were all the 5 examples of baby books. I hope through the details you may have been able to find the type of books you were looking for. I also hope you have found answers to your questions.
Click Below To Get Other Varieties Of Baby Books!
Thank you very much for your time for reading this content and hope you got some value out of it.
Please DO remember to like, share and comment!
Please leave your comments below. I would be happy to help. I am open to questions and feedback, please do not hesitate to do so.