Teething period could start normally at the ages of 6 months but it hugely differs from one baby to the other. There is no fix prediction time we could tell exactly when you expect seeing your baby’s teeth. However, if you are well aware of all the symptoms of teething, you could know that your baby’s teething period is sometimes very closer.
Symptoms of Teething:
Below are symptoms of teething and possible solutions to help prevent teething pain and discomforts.
One of the most popular sign is when there is water coming out of your baby’s mouth which is called drooling. Some babies could have a little drooling while some can have more, as it is different in each baby.
Cleaning with a cotton, soft and clean tissue could help keep your baby’s chin dry.
Drooling could cause lip chapping in babies. Drying or numbing your baby’s mouth can help from time to time.
The more you pay attention towards keeping it clean and dry, the healthier your baby’s lips will look. Sometimes Vaseline could help in faster healing of the cracking or chapping lips.
Chaffing could cause rubbing which then may result in sore in baby’s chin, upper, nick and upper chest area if not dried regularly.
Again, the possible solution for chaffing is to keep all the mentioned areas dried and clean at all times.
Your baby’s skin could get rough if lift wet or if not dried softly. Therefore, make sure to keep it clean, do so with a soft cloth. Make sure to use a disinfected and clean one.
You could notice redness in your baby’s chin due to non-stop drooling and cleaning it.
From time to time after cleaning, it is ideal to use a little amount of Vaseline and rub it softly and carefully around the nick and chin areas.
Drooling could also cause rashes in baby’s skin, specially around the nick and chin areas.
It is ideal to seek your doctor’s advice before putting anything for the rashes due to allergies and other possible causes.
Your baby might feel cranky and you might notice some changes in their mood.
You could comfort them to calm them down but avoid walking around with them because this habit will remain in them for even after and will cause you more sleepless nights.
Your baby could get irritated very easily as they feel and experience some pain which makes them really uncomfortable.
Unfortunately we can not do more to calm their irritation except for comforting, being there beside and talk to them in a soft voice, we can try singing lala bye sometimes it helps.
Your baby could be crying more likely than normal and usual times due to swollen and painful gums.
You could offer them some toys and create a playful environment so that their attention should be grasped by the toys rather than you more trying to comfort and calm them down.
Your baby could have a temperature depending on each baby, some have low temperature and some have higher. Normally they have around 100 degree (F) and or 38 degree (C). It is normal during teething period and there might be no need of any medication but if you choose to offer one, you would have to give the one recommended by your baby’s Pediatrician. Sometimes Motrin, Ibuprofen, children’s Tylenol, Acetaminophen and Advil for children could help but again it is ideal to have it prescribed by a doctor or Pediatrician.
- Fussiness while feeding:
They become fussy feeders, they will cry while breast feeding because of the inflammation on their gums and painfulness.
You could wash their teething rings and place them in the cold water. Chewing those toys (if cold) can help in melting faster their gums and could result in faster growth of their teeth and also help in relieving the inflammation.
They will get frustrated very easily because of the pain, discomfort and irritation of the skin.
- Difficulty in suction:
Your baby may face some difficulty in suction of suckling (While breast feeding). Offering a little cold water could help and sometimes putting wet cloth on their gums could help too.
- Sore in gums:
Suction causes more sore in the gums of your baby. Massaging the gums with your clean fingers could help.
It causes inflammation and pain in gums and bothersome for hours during the night.
- Trouble sleeping:
your baby could have trouble sleeping at night due to all kinds of pain and sufferings.
Avoid nighttime feeding and rocking the baby as those habits could continue long time after teething period.
Some babies could have diarrhea which is also one of the possible symptoms of teething. We have to insure keeping them clean by changing diapers as soon as we notice. If you are breastfeeding, you could try eating foods which help with diarrhea for example Rice with chicken, Bread with all your meals, Pasta, Banana and avocado. However, if you notice more and more loss of liquid which you think should be taken care, you could seek your Pediatrist’s help. Sometimes more loss of water from your baby’s body could lead to dehydration due to loss or lack of potassium.
Rubbing ears and cheeks:
Your baby may rub more often his ears and cheeks that’s because gums, ears and cheeks shares nerve pathways. That’s why an ache in the gums can affect elsewhere. Sometimes it is confusing to differentiate between ear infection and ear yanking and cheek rubbing caused by teething. In this case we need to refer to a Pediatrician.
Teething Growth Order:
Upper, Central Incisor 8 – 12 months
Upper, Lateral Incisor 9 – 13 months
Lower, Incisor 10 – 16 months
Upper, First Molar 13 – 19 months
Lower, Molar 14 – 18 months
Upper, Canine 16 – 22 months
Lower, Canine 17 – 23 months
Lower, Molar 23 – 31 months
Upper, Second Molar 25 – 33 months
Calcium Rich Foods and their Results in Faster growth of your baby’s teeth:
Most babies get their first teething at about five to six months old. Although, teething varies from one child to others as the calcium level in each baby’s body is different. It depends on how high the mother’s calcium level was during the pregnancy as well as breast feeding period.
Mother’s pregnancy period is the most critical time when it comes to your baby’s health and the level of calcium in mother’s body. Your baby’s vertebral column, their skull along with their body’s bone structures are in need of calcium for better and normal formation.
Same as during your breastfeeding period, your baby takes the amount of calcium which is needed for their normal growth through your breast milk. Faster and better growth of your baby depends on how healthy you eat and how healthy you are. Their calcium needs along with all the other necessary vitamins can be fulfilled much better by mother’s milk.
Doctors and nurses insist a lot on breastfeeding rather than offering formula milk to your baby due to all the natural and huge benefits that mother’s milk has. It depends on your choice as well, how you feel and if you are no more overwhelmed. Sometimes those mothers whose babies are born through C section, have difficulty to move due to the wound, pain and exhaustion. In this situation until you get better and be able to start breast feeding, you could always start with the formula milk just so your baby stays hydrated. The first 3 days you would have to feed every 15 to 20 minutes so that their stomach gets cleared with all the black stool stored in their stomach during your pregnancy. The faster it clears out, better it is for your baby’s health. Before we go any further with the breast feeding period, I would like to just mention a few basic foods which are high in Calcium.
- Milk ( buy the one with additional vitamin D in it and low in the fat percentage)
- Sea foods
- Sardine Fish with small soft bones inside, ( is served with the bones, do not separate the bones!)
- Dark green vegetables are high in calcium. (the darker the color is, the higher it is in calcium)
- Almonds and all kinds of nuts
- All kinds of dairy products
- Beans ( all kinds)
Milk insufficiency causes in increase of Jaundice and Hemoglobin level:
The first 3 days of your baby’s life depends very critically on feeding them more often possible. If the mother’s milk doesn’t flow good and if the baby will be lift hungry for a few hours, there are possibilities of increase in their belly Rubin. If the baby has a history of Jaundice, he could get worse because increase in belly Rubin causes increase of Jaundice. This would be the worse situation you would ever imagine when offering milk your baby but due to his Jaundice he can not open his poor little eyes and is not able to drink well because he feels very sleepy. Like having yellow skin color, being sleepy is also one of the symptoms of Jaundice.
Babies who have a history of Jaundice also may suffer from low hemoglobin level. Those who have low hemoglobin level, have lower red blood cells. If your baby’s skin is all yellow, specially the white parts of their eyes; know that they have Jaundice. The more their skin color and eye color is yellow, the worse their Jaundice level is. In this case you would have to feed them as much as possible because frequent urination and clearance of stool of the baby can help decrease their Jaundice level. When they will have a balanced hemoglobin level, their red blood cells level will also be balanced.
If your baby is suffering from low hemoglobin level, you could serve more often red meats and all sorts of colorful fruits and vegetables.
Jaundice has no cure by any medication. The only way you could cure it is through your breast milk or if you are bottle feeding, through the bottle milk.
Do not serve fried meats and any other fried foods with too much oil, when your baby is suffering from Jaundice. Drink as much as you can and serve all kinds of healthy foods. Avoid eating unhealthy all the time. The more healthy you eat and drink the faster your baby will recover from Jaundice.
Carefully selection of Teething Rings:
No matter how hard your baby’s teething period will be, always try to engage them with some teething rings so that they could bite them. By biting, they get the satisfaction of biting things and they absolutely need to bite as they exercise their jaws to become stronger day by day and finally will be ready to chew solid foods.
It is ideal to have a collection of varieties so that the baby could grab the ones that pleases them. You need to pay attention while selecting your baby’s teething ring. Check the label at the back of the envelope and choose the ones which are BPA free because BPA causes a delay in growth of your baby as it affects their growth hormones.
Always go with the ones which have no gel or water filled inside. You might have seen that some plastic ones with gel or water inside. I have attached a link on top of this page regarding the doctor’s feedback for the selection of teething rings. The link says possible solutions to help prevent teething pain and discomforts. It is in blue bold letters.
I have come up with some amazing keywords to unlock the Best BPA Free teething rings which I would like to share with you. Please check these out and see if you like them.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission off purchases, at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting the work I put on this site!”
SHARE&CARE; BPA Free Silicone Giraffe Amazon Canada and Giraffe Ring Baby Teething Toy with Storage Case, for 3 Months Above Infant Sore Gums Pain Relief, Set of 2 Different Teethers (Pink)
- MATERIAL SAFETY(Test Report available): 100% BPA free food grade silicone, certified by CPSC for 3 months+ age.
- CATCH BABY’S EYES: There are 2 different models in 1 set, included the giraffe teether and giraffe ring teether, they are the family. Also, yellow, green, or pink, three colors for selection. The cute giraffe shape will help stimulate your baby. Buy one set for your toddlers, they can replace different model whenever they like.
- FUNCTIONAL ITEM: The perfect sized for an easy grasp by your infant, baby, or toddler, it could improve your baby’s coordination between hands and eyes. Not only provide relief sore gums, but also be with a toy in baby shower.
- EASY CLEANING: You can clean the teether with your brush in warm water, or put it in the dishwasher.
- EXCELLENT GIFT: Our Teethers are the excellent gift for your baby.
Baby Teething Toys | Baby Teether Toys with Teether Pacifier Clip | BPA-Free Molar Teether Toys | Best
- BABY LIKES IT! – Cool elephant design, babies are fascinated by it. Get ready to get compliments on it.
- FOOD-GRADE SAFETY – 3rd Party Certified. BPA Free, Lead Free, PVC Free and Phthalates Free.
- SOFT·SMOOTH – Pillowy bumps & nubs soothe baby’s sore gums. Easily clean it with mild soap and water.
- FUNCTIONAL – Chewable pacifier clip is added to prevent falling onto floor.
- ONE TIP – When place in the refrigerator it provides gentle cooling on baby’s gums.
Promise Babe Baby Nursing Bracelet – Organic Wooden Teether Ring – BPA Free Crochet Teething Beads Beech Wood Rabbit Pendant for Relieving Teething Pain
- Safety Material-Needle Knitting Beads: Key knitting with 100% cotton yarn on unpainted organic wood beads. Wooden rings and beads: Toys made of natural unpainted solid beech and maple wood, safe to put in your little one’s mouth.
- As a sensory toy-A toy made of wood rings and wood beads. If you shake it, the ring will hit and a gentle sound will produce to please the baby. Stimulate your baby’s hearing and vision. I would like you to use it to ease a young baby.
- Functional-Your little one can ease the teething pain by biting the toy, comforting the baby’s mood, massage the gums and supports the growth of deciduous teeth and accompanying the baby through a wonderful childhood.
- Finger size -This magic teething bracelet is just right for playtime or even displaying as a decoration item in baby’s nursery. They’re easy to grasp and even more fun to chew on. Your little one will love to shake and play all day!
- Please note -Babies should always be supervised while playing with adult and be never left alone. If the products was damaged, discard immediately as this may become a potential choking hazard.
Baby Rattle Teether Baby Toys – 10pcs Shaker, Grab, Shaking Bell Rattle Set Infant Newborn Toys with Storage Box Gift for Babies 0 3 6 9 12 Months
- Various Baby Rattles & Teether 10pcs baby rattle teether toys set with different style hand grasp teether for different stages of baby’s development.
- [Unique design] The rattle can send out wonderful music to attract the baby’s attention and bring them more fun. At the same time, there is also a chew part for the baby to grind the teeth, which is very friendly to the baby
- [Easy to carry and clean] Easy to clean, store and carry: the baby toy set is placed in the storage box, which allows you to organize all baby products in an orderly manner and carry them in the stroller
- [Baby safety 100%] Both rattles and teethers are made of non-toxic ABS materials, BPA-free, environmentally friendly, heat-resistant materials, non-toxic and tasteless baby toys, can be sterilized in hot water or steam at 100°C, No deformation, no damage, put the baby’s safety and health in the first place
- [Early education baby toys] Rattle teether of different shapes and colors will enhance the baby’s hand-eye-mouth coordination, color discrimination ability and good motor skills. Various textures will help the development of touch, listening and taste
Itzy Ritzy Silicone Baby Teether & BPA-Free Infant Teether with Easy-to-Hold Design and Textured Back Side to Massage and Soothe Sore, Swollen Gums, Fox
- Itzy Ritzy silicone teethers are the perfect teething toy to help soothe sore, swollen gums
- The back side of each teether is textured to help baby discover and explore new senses while also massaging emerging teeth
- The open shape of the teethers makes them easy for babies to hold
- Our teethers are made of non-toxic food grade silicone and they are BPA-free, PVC-free, phthalate-free, lead-free and cadmium-free
- Teethers are top-rack dishwasher safe and can be handwashed with mild soap
- These adorable infant teethers make great gift toppers for a baby shower or gender reveal party
- Available in fox, unicorn, flamingo, latte, cactus, pineapple, cupcake and ice cream shapes
Baby Teether Toys (6 Packs), Best win Soft Silicone Natural Organic BPA Free Freezer Safe Teething Toys for Toddlers & Infants – Babies Shower Gift
- SAFE FOR YOUR BABY – Our soft silicone teether toys approved by FBA, BPA free, phthalate free, latex-free, lead-free. It’s the 100% premium food-grade silicone baby teething toys.
- PERFECT FIT FOR BABY – Your baby can easily grab onto the stem. And these teether toys can reach all the way back to the molars. Your little one can easily hold and chew.
- PORTABLE AND DURABLE – You can put it into the diaper bag and take it to anywhere. The baby teething ring is durable enough and it is also dishwasher safe, freezer safe and fully able for steam sterilization.
- UNIQUE DESIGN – The baby teething toys come in unique shape. It aims to massage your child’s gums at any angle to relieve discomfort. A safe and easy solution to gums pain relief.
- 100% QUALITY ASSURANCE – We hope that our products will satisfy you. If there are any quality problems, please contact customer service immediately. You have a money-back guarantee.
Share&Care; BPA Free Silicone Giraffe Baby Teether Toy with Storage Case, for 3 Months Above Infant Sore Gums Pain Relief, Set of 2 Teethers (Yellow+Pink)
- MATERIAL AND DESIGN SAFETY: 100% BPA free food grade silicone, FDA-approved, certified by CPSC for 3 months+ age. Giraffe shape design made for hot press technology, no parts to break off, it is safe for your child teething.
- CATCH BABY’S EYES: There are yellow and green, yellow and pink, 3 kinds assorted bright colors for selection, and the cute giraffe shape will help stimulate your baby. The ears, eyes, head, body, feet are in different sizes to fulfill your child in different stage.
- FUNCTIONAL GIFT: The perfect sized for an easy grasp by your infant, baby, or toddler, it could improve your baby’s coordination between hands and eyes. Not only provide relief score gums, but also be with a toy in baby shower. Our Teethers are the best gift for the baby.
- EASY CLEANING: You can clean the teether with your brush in warm water, or put it in the dishwasher.
- 90 DAYS GUARANTEE: We are confident that your baby will love our teether and get the benefit from it. But you could return in 90 days if anything not satisfied, we will refund your money. Please feel free to contact us, we will reply in 24 hours.
Teething Toys (4 Pack)-ANGELBLISS Baby Teething Toys Set/Baby teether chew Toys/Natural Organic Freezer Safe for Infants and Toddlers/BPA-Free Teether Set for Boys & Girls
- For Baby’s Safety – The Silicone Teether Toys Set are made of 100% food-grade silicone CPC approved. BPA free, Our Natural Organic Safe Teethers concentrate on the safety and health of your baby’s growth.
- Gingival Pain Relief – If your baby is crying, feeling cranky and always looking to bite their fingers, it’s time to give them the Teether Toy Set! Our infant Giraffe teether are designed to soothe, massage, and reduce fussiness & discomfort. The pliable beads and bumps design will help them relieve teething discomfort.The Teether toys can also be put in the refrigerator for an ice chill cooling effect on gums.
- Develop good oral hygiene habits:The Banana Toothbrush teether gently massages little teeth and gums with soft silicone bristles, which helps develop good oral hygiene habits early. It has easy-to-grasp banana peel handles and is made of 100% flexible silicone to prevent mouth injuries.
- Fit For Baby’s Hand – The Strawberry teether and orange with perfect size is easy for babies’ to grasp and maintain their grip. babies can easily grab onto the stem. Exercise baby’s fingers flexibility and develop fine motor skills.ANGELBLISS Teether toys made in stimuating bright senosry colours for boys and girls, making them easy to find for your newborn!
- Toothbrush Teether Set : We’ve combined the best features of all teethers into this one teether toy set. This set provides a more versatile choice for the baby and also saves the moms time to choose the product. Yes, you never have to buy more kits when owning this teether and toothbrush set! They also make excellent stocking stuffers for Christmas! The bright colors are sure to delight any child! The best tooth toy sets for baby.
Zooawa Baby Teething Toy Set, [5 PACK] Soft and Soothing Dinosaur Rattle Teething Toy, BPA-Free Teether Toy with Age-specific Design for Infants and Toddlers, Colorful
- 5 STAGES NEEDS – Five dinosaur rattles meet the needs of the five-stage of baby for the rattles and Teethers, scientific age division to take better care of your baby.
- AGE-SPECIFIC DESIGN – T-Rex is designed for 3 – 4 months babies: bump texture + black and white stripe handle for visual training; Gigantspinosaurus is designed for 5 – 6 months babies: Soft teether + rolling ball; Pterodactyls is designed for 7 – 8 months babies: Soft teether + colorful beads; Brontosaurus is designed for 9 – 10 months babies: Soft teether + smooth handle; Stegosaurus is designed for 10 – 18 months babies: Soft teether + bump texture for massaging gums.
- INTEGRATED FUNCTIONS – Bright colors, different timbre sounds and bump textures are designed to attract the baby’s attention and help the development of vision, hearing and touch.
- EASY TO GRASP –Each model is designed from the grasp characteristics of children’s hands. The loop handle is designed to be easy to grasp and can exercise the hand muscles. Through finger pinching, picking, turning, pushing and pulling training to strengthen the development of fine finger movements and fine motor skills.
- SAFE AND RELIABLE – The teething rattle toy is made of food grade ABS + TPE materials, which is very safe and reliable. It can be used as a teether for relieving teething pain, and can also used as a toy to help baby recognize different colors.
CALIDAKA 3 Pcs Baby Teething Toys for 3-12 Months Teethers for Infants, Eco-Friendly Non-Toxic Silicone, Adjustable Wristband Chew Natural Teethers for Babies, 6.5 x 3.66 Inch
- Designed for Baby: When you find that your baby starts to suck his fingers and chew toys, you can try to give your baby this toy that can exercise gums. Not only protects the baby’s gums, but also exercises the baby’s grasping ability. It can effectively help babies solve their bad habits of biting their fingers, and accompany the baby throughout the oral sensitivity period.
- Baby Safety: Teething toys made of food-grade silicone, completely safe for newborns, flexible, non toxic, bite resistant, massage the gums, relieve teething discomfort.
- Multiple Chewing Points: Baby teething toys have different shapes and large chewing areas. Different shapes of chewing points massage the gums with different touches, stimulate budding and development, and bring the baby full comfort.
- Adjustable Wristband: This baby teether with wrist strap design can help babies hold it more easily. Just adjust the buckle to the proper position of the wrist, and then fix the buckle and hold it in the hand.
- Easy Care: Before and after use, it needs to be washed with warm soapy water or boiled for disinfection, and then placed in a ventilated and cool place before use. Temperature higher than 180 ℃ is likely to cause the material damage.
In this content I have gone through the whole teething process along with all the possible solutions in order to help you in better managing your baby’s teething period.
I had also gone through the necessary aspects of breast feeding and what challenges we face more commonly during this period. If you are a parent who already have kids, you might know most of these staffs but if you are a new parent who is expecting your first child it may be useful for you. I had the same issues before the birth of my children. I did not study in the health domain but what I did was tons of research and study due to which I now know what I am trying to deliver to people. Experience is also something really advantageous for sure which luckily I have as I am a mother of two since 14 years now. Hoping that my experience will be of people’s benefit through this website.
Yeah, for the teething products; I studied and selected the one’s which were BPA free and with no gel or liquid filled in it.
I hope I have delivered some quality information through this content and I deeply wish it would be useful for you and fulfill your needs. If you do like it, please leave some comments below. We would be very happy to hear from you.